Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Host Takes Over


For those who watch the show "The View", this might pertain more to you, especially if you are a fan of Barbara Walters. I am for one not a huge fan, however I do enjoy watching her interviews when it comes to celebrities. For example, her yearly interview of "The 10 Most Fascinating People" and "The Barbara Walter's Special" where famous people are interviewed, I sit and watch. There was new news that was brought to my attention and that was that Barbara Walter's is doing her last Oscar night edition of "The Barbara Walter's Special" show this year in March. At first I didn't really care, but then I realized, this is her show. She cannot be replaced. That's when I decided to look more into it and find out what was going on.

According to Barbara Walters, she is "sick of doing them" and feels like 29 years is enough. Which all makes sense but its upsetting to those who really enjoy watching her interviews. Some have suggested that Oprah might be taking her spot and creating some sort of new special in place of the one's Barbara Walters has done, but to me, that is just not the same.

Her co-host Whoopi Goldberg said on the View today that Barbara Walters might reconsider her decision to retire the Oscar-night special, however, Walters was not in accordance.

"You cannot," Walters said. "I remember Frank Sinatra, whom I loved. He retired. Then he sang. Then he retired. Then he sang. When you say it, you're going to do it."

Walters does make a valid point and even though its a little upsetting for those of us who enjoyed watching her specials. I just hope no one takes over and tries to make it their own. I hate when new hosts try to come in and change the vibe of the show. I know it won't be the same show without her, considering the show is called "The Barbara Walters Special". But twenty-nine years later I can understand how she is ready to be done with the show and do other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment