Saturday, April 3, 2010

Absolutely Ridiculous


Okay, so I realize that what I am about to blog about might not be what we are supposed to blog about, however, I have to discuss this. My friend sent me a link to CNN about this new video game that is coming out. It is called "RapeLay" made in Tokyo, Japan. Despite the horrific basis for this new video game, it is being released.

According to the article from CNN, the game starts with a teenage girl on a subway platform. She notices you looking at her and asks if she can help you. At this point, the player can choose their method of assault. From here the game only gets more disturbing, because you can now chose how you want to have your way with the girl, however, you can also chose to follow her on the train, assaulting her sister and her mother. As the game continues, "'friends' join in and in a series of graphic, interactive scenes, you can corner the women, rape them again and again". You also have the option of impregnating the girl and then urging her to have an abortion. "The reason behind your assault, explains the game, is that the teenage girl has accused you of molesting her on the train. The motive is revenge".

I'm sorry, but this is absolutely ridiculous and I needed to share this with everyone. It's not often that I pay attention to any type of video game being published because I don't play them so I have no interest in them. However, when my friend told me about this, I had to see it for myself, I could not believe some one would create such a game let alone allowing it to be released.

The article talks about going too far with an idea and this definitely, in my opinion, is one of those times. I think its disgusting that someone even came up with this idea and the fact that kids want to play it is even more messed up. I Googled "rapelay" and there is even a Wikipedia site for it saying that it is a sex simulation game, which I don't believe are the right words to use. I know this isn't relevant for our class, but I had to mention it. I'm in such awe that something like this is even allowed to be created. I just hope my friends have more sense than to get involved with this awful game.

No comments:

Post a Comment